Selling a Central Florida Home?
Realtors, This One's For You.
Want to know a secret? Clean homes sell faster! Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. In Florida, we also understand the increased potential for previously undetected mold growth in any given home. Any leaks, water stains, or lingering odors can also be a sign of a larger issue.
Your sellers may have trouble spots to address before you list or schedule a home inspection. However, a lot of times realtors are the first ones to spot the issue. Either way, make sure you get a professional to address the problem(s). That way, you are less likely to run into issues during the buyer inspection.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help with any of these issues and more! Give us a call today, for a free mold inspection or assessment: (407) 323-2422.
Fire Safety Tips for your Central Florida Home
A home partially destroyed by a fire.
Did you know September is National Preparedness Month?
Because we always want you to be up-to-date on fire prevention methods, we thought this would be a great time to share a few tips with you!
- Make sure your house is equipped with the correct amount of smoke alarms on EVERY level of your home.
- Testing your smoke alarms monthly will help ensure that they are all working properly.
- If you do not have a fire escape plan in place, sit down with your family and make one.
- Talk to your children about fire safety and make sure matches, lighters and even lit candles are out of reach for the little ones in your home.
In the event a fire does occur in your home, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help you get your home back! We offer full fire restoration services and are ready to serve you.
Give us a call: 407-323-2422
Post Hurricane Tips
Hurricane Lane is currently causing major flooding issues as it continues to bare down on the Hawaiian islands. So often we post about hurricane preparation tips and what you can do to be ready for a big storm. While that is important to know, it is also vital to understand steps that should be taken after a hurricane has passed through your area.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is a proud supporter and partner of The American Red Cross, and hope that these few tips assist your family in the aftermath of a hurricane.
- If the power is out after a storm and you have a generator, PLEASE make sure you know how to properly use and store one BEFORE you ever utilize it.
- Try to assess the damage to your home or building. If you hear strange noises or shifting, leave the structure immediately.
- Pay close attention to flood warnings and other safety messages post hurricane. Just because the storm has passed, does not mean you should stop tuning into your emergency radio.
- If you have to venture outside before safety measures have been put in place. REMEMBER that fallen power lines can be covered by debris from the storm. Proceed with extreme caution.
- Follow your local hurricane disaster guidelines. They are put in place to help ensure you and your family's safety.
There are plenty of more tips on how to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane. Please visit The American Red Cross website for more details.
For storm damage restoration needs, we are here to help. Give us a call at (407) 323-2422.
Summer, Wet Floors, and Your Central Florida Home
Wet feet can do a number on your floors!
Summer time for a lot of families means staying busy with lots of fun activities! If you live in Florida, a majority of those activities probably include water.
Whether you are cooling off in the pool, spending your days at the beach, or enjoying those awesome Florida water parks, those wet feet, clothes and accessories may have done a number on your floors this summer.
Can't forget those wet shoes after getting caught in a Central Florida afternoon thunderstorm!
Don't worry, the little bit of water most likely will not cause long term damage to your flooring. However, it may be time for a good cleaning!
Did you know that chlorine from a pool or water park can actually leave permanent stains on your flooring? It can also create an odor from where the chlorine has seeped into the carpet fibers. Salt water can also leave a sticky feeling residue on carpet and flooring, as well as make spots on your carpet feel stiff where the water was not completely dried up.
Whether chlorine or salt water, your local Central Florida SERVPRO team can take care of that "end of summer" residue in no time! We offer regular carpet cleaning services that will keep your carpet looking new. Protect your flooring with carpet cleaning you can count on. We use safe state-of-the-art equipment and solutions and our certified and experienced technicians will get those floors clean in no time.
Give SERVPRO of North Seminole County a call today at (407) 323-2422.
How Well Do You Know Your Policy?
Insurance is a subject that most find unimportant until they are in a situation when they need it. Our advice? DO NOT be like this.
As a business or home owner, it is vital to know exactly what your policy covers! We cannot tell you how many times we find that a business or home is damaged and some (or none) of the repairs are covered.
In Florida, more often than not the lack of coverage surrounds flood or mold damage.
Make it a priority to call your agent sometime this week. Have a five to ten minute "checkup" coversation just to make sure you are all on the same page with your policy and coverage!
Put your mind at ease, and know that when the unexpected happens, SERVPRO of North Seminole County will be here for you, and your insurance will pay for it!
If you are in need of Cleaning & Restoration services, give us a call at (407) 323-2422.
SERVPRO Goes Green
Did you know that SERVPRO of North Seminole County uses cleaning products made with natural ingredients?
Benefect is an authentic botanical disinfectant that can be used for water damage, fire damage, mold remediation and trauma scene clean up. It uses the essential oil of the thyme plant as the Active Ingredient, not a synthetic chemical substitute.
These cleaning products get the job done with no compromise in strength and without endangering your health or your environment.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is committed to using environmentally friendly products as much as possible. It is our goal to help keep our world and your family, chemical free!
Just one more reason to give us a call for all of your Cleaning & Restoration needs!
Better for the environment, better for you!
Here for you - 24/7 - 7 days a week: (407) 323.2422
Fireworks and Fire Safety
The 4th of July is just days away!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you celebrate safely with your family, so here are a few firework safety tips we think you should be aware of:
- It is important that you know about and abide by the local firework laws set in your area. (This can help avoid putting a damper on your holiday with a ticket or violation fee.)
- Have an adult read the instructions on the fireworks before lighting. (This can help to prevent a small mistake, with a potential big consequence.)
- Adults should ALWAYS assist their kids when setting off fireworks. (This will help keep the process safer.)
- Set off your fireworks in a clear area. (Keep away from trees, homes, people, buildings, etc.)
- Finally, clean up when your done! (Please don't litter.)
These simple tips can go a long way in helping prevent you from getting hurt or accidentally starting a fire when operating fireworks.
Happy 4th of July from all of us at SERVPRO of North Seminole County!
Remember, if you experience a holiday mishap, SERVPRO is always Here To Help! Click here to learn more about Fire Damage Restoration.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Is Your Workplace Prepared for Severe Weather?
June is National Safety Month, and while there are many topics that detail vital safety issues, this post will be dedicated to workplace safety. Specifically, preparing for bad weather.
Living in Central Florida, we are no stranger to the severe weather we face not only during hurricane season, but earlier in the year too. That's why its important to have an emergency plan in the office, just like you would for your family at home.
Here are a few tips that you should think about when forming your office emergency weather plan:
- Make sure you always have a way to listen to the local weather stations in your area when dealing with severe weather.
- Have your own way of notifying employees when weather becomes dangerous. Don't only rely on community systems.
- It is important that your employees know where to seek shelter in the case of a tornado or severe storm.
- In the event a tornado or severe storm causes damage to your workplace, proceed with caution through areas, and watch out for hazards.
- Call SERVPRO of North Seminole County to help deal with any water damage that may occur. We are committed to making sure your property damage is as minimal as possible.
You should always discuss your emergency plan with employees and make sure that they know exactly what to do in the case of a tornado or severe weather.
Having this plan in place can help prevent injuries or accidents during a severe weather situation.
For more information on National Safety Month, visit the National Safety Council Website.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County - 407.323.2422
Water Safety Tips (Summer is almost here!)
Summer is just around the corner and in Central Florida that means a lot of us are all gearing up to take part in water activities and swimming!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you have a fun, safe summer. So we thought we would share some top water safety tips for you to remember before you jump in the water!
- Swim with a buddy. (If possible, this is always the safest route no matter where you might be swimming.)
- Parents, always watch your kids while they are in the pool. (Disasters can happen so fast.)
- Have a life jacket and first aid kit on hand. (Getting in the habit of taking these things with you to swimming activities can be helpful.)
For more great water safety tips, visit the American Red Cross website.
For Immediate Service call SERVPRO of North Seminole County
SERVPRO of North Seminole County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. For 35 years we have been responding immediately to any emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 407-323-2422
Whether your Seminole County home needs emergency flood damage or your carpetscleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for Fire/Water/Mold damage to strike your Seminole County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation/Restoration