SERVPRO of North Seminole County is proud to be taking part in Severe Weather Awareness Week by being involve in the Seminole County Disaster Equipment Showcase. This event will feature vehicles, equipment and employees from agencies and companies that respond during and after severe weather events.
Along with our vehicles and equipment being on display, SERVPRO of North Seminole County will be handing out information and answering questions about what to do before, during and after a severe weather event.
For 35 years, we have been a leader in Seminole and Volusia County when it comes to assisting homeowners and building owners during and after a storm. Whether the damage is minor or major our emergency crews are ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stop by and see us on Saturday, Jan. 28th, at the Sanford Riverwalk. And remember, call SERVPRO of North Seminole County anytime at 407-323-2422.
Safety Tips for Your Business
Helping to protect your business is easy when you follow a few simple measures. Here are a few of our favorite safety tips so that you can be better prepared if disaster strikes.
- Advance preparation is so important. Make sure that key employees understand the business insurance plan in DETAIL. This makes it so much easier when you need to make a claim.
- Make sure your smoke alarms work properly! It is such a small thing but this safety measure is constantly neglected.
- Make sure safety rules and plans are accessible to all employees. This can be achieved by having the safety instructions posted in all areas of the office space.
Even just by implementing these quick and easy steps, your helping to make your business environment safer and better prepared!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Why Your Business Needs An ERP
When you have a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) in place for your business, you are ready for whatever happens!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County can provide your company with an ERP individually tailored to your needs. Here's what it does:
- Identifies a point of contact able to authorize work orders. This allows us to be able to quickly get to work repairing any damage in the event of a water or fire damage.
- Provides significant details on valve shut off locations, identifies areas with important safety equipment and presents emergency contact information and notes. This allows any employee you wish to have easy access to vital emergency information in the event that damage occurs.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help protect your business by helping you get prepared! Give us a call today: 407-323-2422
Preventing A Fire
It's important to begin this article by letting you know that fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how many safety measures you take. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Make sure to regularly have your home heating system evaluated by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Remove lint from the dyer after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. In other words, don't walk away from the candle you just blew out until you are sure that the fire is completely out.
While we hope this is never the case, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Fire Safety Plan
Having a fire safety plan for your family is so important. In the event of a fire, every family member knowing exactly what to do could truly be life saving. That's why here at SERVPRO of North Seminole County we strongly support the creation of home fire escape plans in every household.
If you do not already have a plan in place for your home, here are a few tips for creating one!
- Family members should know two ways to get out of every room in the home.
- Make specific escape routes and plans for homes with two stories or more.
- Pick a meeting place outside of the home where your family will go in the event of a fire.
- Home fire drills should be performed to make sure that the plan in place works well.
- Make sure every member of the family knows how to call 9-1-1.
For all of your fire restoration needs, give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Safety Plans - Tornado
We do not see them very often in Central Florida. However, during some major storms the threat of a tornado can become very real, very quickly.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in flooding and storm damage restoration, but our first priority is you. That's why we wanted to share a few safety tips with you so that in the event of a tornado, you know what to do.
- It is important to know the difference between Tornado Watches and Tornado Warnings. If a Tornado Watch is issued for your area, it means that weather conditions are favorable for a tornado to occur. If a Tornado Warning is issued in your area, it means a tornado has been detected in your area and you should seek shelter immediately.
- If a tornado warning is issued in your area, make sure that everyone in the home goes to an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows. Usually, this would be a basement, closet or bathroom.
- It is always a good idea to have a portable battery operated radio. That way in the event of a tornado you are able to still listen to weather warnings and updates from your safe room.
In the event that damage occurs to your home or place of business due to a major storm...SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422
Preparing For A Major Storm
Living in Florida, we are no strangers to major storms and hurricanes. Even so, it never hurts to be as prepared as possible when we find ourselves in the path of one. Here are a few guidelines we think everyone should go by in the event of a major storm.
- Create a three-day (at minimum) supply kit. Make sure it contains enough water, food, medication and any other items needed to last you and your family at least three days.
- Put away important paperwork and special belongings in water proof storage. Zip-locked bags or water proof boxes are great for this!
- Create a home emergency plan. This would be important to have in place if your home is at risk of flooding during the storm.
- It never hurts to board up windows and purchase sandbags to help protect the exterior of your home from heavy winds and rain.
- Make sure you stay tuned into weather stations for any important warnings that may be issued for your area.
If a water damage were to occur due to a major storm, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you! Give us a call at 407-323-2422.
5 Tips to Prevent Water Damage
A few quick and easy tips may help in preventing water damage in your home...Check them out below!
- Plan before you plant any trees or plants. Make sure you know where irrigation systems run to ensure that you keep roots away from growing near any water lines.
- We cannot share this one enough, clean your gutters! Clogged gutters are a huge culprit of water damage and can not only cause flooding but mold growth as water seeps into a home's foundation.
- Water leaks can sometimes go completely unnoticed. A good way to try and prevent this is to pay attention to your water bill. If it is much higher than you think it should be, you may have a leak in your home.
- When you need to unclog a drain, use a drain snake rather than unclogging chemicals. This can help ensure that the chemicals do not eat away at your pipes making them more susceptible to water leaks.
- Finally, DO NOT pour grease down the sink. It is a huge factor in clogged water pipes and can cause leaks and water damage to your home.
In the event of a water damage, call the experts at SERVPRO of North Seminole County to make it disappear! 407-323-2422
What You Can Do After A Water Damage
Water in unwanted places can cause a lot of damage. While we never suggest cleaning up a water damage yourself, there are a few things you can do before the professionals get there in order to help preserve your belongings!
- Remove electronics that may be in the path of the water. The faster you do this, the less damage you will have occur to these items.
- Anything you are able to get up on blocks and away from the water really helps the chances of salvaging items in a water damage.
- Towels, buckets, mops and anything else that can soak up as much water as possible is always a plus and can help to prevent significant damage to flooring.
After these steps, leave the rest to us! SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in water damage restoration and can get your home back to normal in no time!
If you have suffered a water damage, give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Do I Have a Mold Issue?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you think your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your issue.
If You See Signs of Mold, have a musty odor or just want some peace of mind, call us today at 407-323-2422.