Archived Blog Posts
Safety Tips for Your Business
Helping to protect your business is easy when you follow a few simple measures. Here are a few of our favorite safety tips so that you can be better prepared if disaster strikes.
- Advance preparation is so important. Make sure that key employees understand the business insurance plan in DETAIL. This makes it so much easier when you need to make a claim.
- Make sure your smoke alarms work properly! It is such a small thing but this safety measure is constantly neglected.
- Make sure safety rules and plans are accessible to all employees. This can be achieved by having the safety instructions posted in all areas of the office space.
Even just by implementing these quick and easy steps, your helping to make your business environment safer and better prepared!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Why Your Business Needs An ERP
When you have a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) in place for your business, you are ready for whatever happens!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County can provide your company with an ERP individually tailored to your needs. Here's what it does:
- Identifies a point of contact able to authorize work orders. This allows us to be able to quickly get to work repairing any damage in the event of a water or fire damage.
- Provides significant details on valve shut off locations, identifies areas with important safety equipment and presents emergency contact information and notes. This allows any employee you wish to have easy access to vital emergency information in the event that damage occurs.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help protect your business by helping you get prepared! Give us a call today: (407) 323-2422
What You Can Do After A Water Damage
Water in unwanted places can cause a lot of damage. While we never suggest cleaning up a water damage yourself, there are a few things you can do before the professionals get there in order to help preserve your belongings!
- Remove electronics that may be in the path of the water. The faster you do this, the less damage you will have occur to these items.
- Anything you are able to get up on blocks and away from the water really helps the chances of salvaging items in a water damage.
- Towels, buckets, mops and anything else that can soak up as much water as possible is always a plus and can help to prevent significant damage to flooring.
After these steps, leave the rest to us! SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in water damage restoration and can get your home back to normal in no time!
If you have suffered a water damage, give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Christmas Home Hazards
It's the most wonderful time of the year! With Christmas only a couple of weeks away, trees are up and decorated, Christmas candles are filling the house with smells of sugar cookies or cinnamon, and lights are up outside to add that extra sparkle after dark.
While all of these are beautiful ways to delight in the spirit of the season, we want to ensure that you take the proper safety precautions to keep your family and home safe.
Did you know that December being the peak period for home fires started by candles or misuse of lights?
Here are a few tips that may help prevent a fire hazard in your home:
- Keep those Christmas tress watered! Make sure that you check the water level each day, to help avoid the tree drying out and becoming a fire hazard.
- Do not leave outside Christmas lights on while you sleep. Turn them on for a few hours a night, and then turn them off. (This saves electricity too!)
- 40% of home decoration fires are started by candles. Make sure you place candles in a safe location when burning and do not leave unattended.
We encourage you to always be mindful of potential fire dangers and remain cautious no matter what time of year. However, we ask that you be EXTRA careful during this season.
However, if you were to find yourself the victim of a home fire - you can trust SERVPRO of North Seminole County to have you back to normal in no time!
Protecting Your Central Florida Home - Flooding
Water damage is no match for SERVPRO of North Seminole county restoration experts!
Flooding can happen anywhere and if you live in Florida, you know even one of our heavy afternoon thunderstorms can ensure flooding can happen "any time" as well.
It's a scary thought to think that your home could be under water in a moment’s notice.
So we thought we would share a few tips that can help you stay flood free.
- Water flow - How does water flow around your house? It's important that it flows away from the structure. If it is noted that this is not the case, you may want to call an irrigation specialist to see if it is possible to correct.
- Water valves - Two words: modify them. So many times, in flooding cases we see sewage backup and overflow. That is the LAST thing you want to be dealing with, so it may be worth it to look at installing a back-flow valve.
- Lastly, if you believe flooding is about to occur, move as many items as you can away from the rising water (electronics especially). Then give us a call, and we will be out there ASAP to help!
If you experience flooding or water damage, give us a call at: 407-323-2422
Hurricanes - The Aftermath
This home had some storm damage, but we were there to clean up the water as quickly as possible!
If you live in Florida, then you know that hurricane season comes with the territory. However, that does not stop us from wishing them away each year.
This year, we got hit with power storm, Hurricane Irma.
She caused lots of damage to homes and commercial properties here in the Sunshine State...Some are still recovering, restoring and repairing in the aftermath.
SERVPRO of North Seminole county wants you to know that we are here to serve you! If you are still dealing with water damage or maybe even some mold build up from where a water damage was, give us a call. We specialize in water damage restoration and mold remediation.
Let us help you get your home or commercial property back in pre-hurricane shape.
Give us a call at: 407-323-2422
The Lingering Effect
Mold that had been growing inside a wall due to water damage.
Mold. It is usually never foreseeable and never found until one day you open up that back storage closet that you NEVER go in and it smells a little strange. Moving things around you find it, and then you call us.
However, there are cases when a mold problem should be foreseeable and can hopefully be taken care of before it is even a problem. When does this occur?
During floods or water damages.
You should always be aware that anytime you have had flood damage to your home or place of business it is likely for mold growth to occur in that area. In fact, it's more than likely. That is why you always hire a water damage restoration specialist (we know a good one) to deal with flood or water damage. SERVPRO will make sure that you are at the least possible risk for any lingering mold growth.
Give us a call for a FREE mold inspection: 407-323-2422
Driving on Wet Roads
Always be alert and aware of your surroundings. Headlights on and keep a safe distance.
In Florida, we so often find ourselves driving in rainy conditions. Here are a few tips to help you stay as safe on the roads as possible!
1.Slow down. You should drop to at least 15 miles per hour below the speed limit when driving in the rain. If on the highway and drop to a lower speed, move to the right lanes for slower traffic.
2.Increase following distance. Leave plenty of distance between you and vehicle front of you. It may seem like everyone sees it as an opening to get ahead of you, do not panic, and stay a safe distance.
3.Turn on headlights in the rain. It is the law. Do not use your high beams, though. If your wipers are on, then so should your headlights.
4.Do NOT turn on your hazard lights. It is illegal. When a driver sees your emergency lights on, they think your vehicle is stopped and may take evasive action to avoid your car. Although you may be trying to prevent a crash, having your emergency lights on in the rain can cause a crash. Hazard lights are for parked cars only. This could cause confusion for officers to find an actual emergency. Flashing hazard lights can also trigger a seizure by the driver behind you, if that driver has epilepsy.
5.Check your tire tread. Grab a penny and insert it head first into your tire's tread groove. If you can see all of President Abraham Lincoln's head, it's time to replace your tires.
Be Ready for the Unexpected
SERVPRO Ready Plan App
Did you know SERVPRO offers an app so that you can be ready for anything? It can be downloaded from the App Store and the Android Market. You do not even need to be a current customer of SERVPRO to download!
Download is fast and simple. Search SERVPRO in the App Store or Android Market. You will see a green and orange SERVPRO logo and the app is labeled Ready Plan. Once in you can register to create your user ID and password.
You can then explore the app for tips and more information on SERVPRO. The app is self-explanatory and easy to use. You can add the property or properties that you manage, along with important contact information, property or building information, emergency contacts and insurance information.
You can even file a claim right from the app, no need to search for a SERVPRO closest to you! Whether you are a home owner, commercial property owner or property manager, this app is handy for anyone.
For more information, including a short video about its uses, please click the link below.
When A Storm Hits - SERVPRO is Ready!
Give us a call at the first sign of flooding!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Seminole County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams [[Click to your disaster recovery page]] that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 407-323-2422
Putting You Back Together
Water damages are not all the same.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 407-323-2422
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of North Seminole County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
IICRC - What It Means For You
The crew that takes care of you!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
Do I Have A Mold Issue?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you think your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your issue.
If You See Signs of Mold, have a musty odor or just want some peace of mind, call us today at 407-323-2422.
Mold Remediation Home Remedies - Don't Do It
Mold growth in the corner of a wall in a back closet,
Pinterest and Google articles are just a few of the media platforms that will tell you there is a homemade way to get rid of mold in your home or place of business. DO NOT listen.
Mold spores can be deep rooted, so while you might be able to get rid of the visible mold problem with some bleach or a vinegar solution, you most likely have not gotten rid of the source.
So turn off your computers, stop your home remedy research and give SERVPRO of North Seminole County a call instead. Our licensed mold remediation specialists will be happy to set up an appointment for an FREE estimate to help you understand what you are dealing with. Then we will take care of the WHOLE issue for you, so you don't have to worry if there is any lingering effects!
Give us a call today: 407-323-2422
Preventative Measures Against Mold Growth In Your Home
Mold growth on the ceiling of the home.
Did you know that mold spores occur naturally in our environment? Especially if you live here in Central Florida, mold spores almost always exist in some form due to our high humidity levels. However, this does not equate to a mold problem in your home, something that can be maintained through a few easy steps we will share with you below!
- Avoid long-term leaks: this one may seem obvious, but so many times we can make a temporary "quick fix" to a problem that isn't going away. Leaks are the leading cause for mold in a home so always make sure when you discover a leak that you get it taken care of right away.
- Mold loves wood: that's right, wood becomes an easy target for mold growth in the right moisture setting. That's why it is always good to use plastic or metal containers or shelving in places where high moisture levels can occur, such as a garage or a basement.
- Limit moisture in kitchens and bathrooms: Always try to make sure and vent an area that contains moisture. After you shower, turn on the vent in the bathroom for at least 20 minutes. Also, you can turn on the vents when cooking on a stove as well.
- Inspect your air conditioning unit: Finally, make sure to complete a yearly inspection of your air conditioning unit. Mold spores can get trapped and build up in certain areas causing it to expand.
Remembering these tips will not guarantee that you will never have a mold problem occur. However, it will help reduce the risk!
What You Should Know: Dealing With A Fire Aftermath
2018 has been one of the most destructive wildfire seasons on record in California. The devastation that has occurred is beyond tragic, and our thoughts and prayers are with all of those effected.
Like a hurricane or many other natural disasters, wildfires bring up the urgency for people to understand what they are dealing with, should they ever be caught in that situation. One of the most important things to understand is wildfires can get out of control and the result can be disastrous.
If you find yourself as a victim of this event there are a few necessary measures to take immediately:
1. Ensure the health and safety of those involved. This is best achieved through emergency personnel. As soon as possible, make sure you seek help.
2. When the situation is SAFE and CONTAINED, it is important to assess the damage to your home or place of business, in the case of a wildfire, this should involve both your insurance and local authorities.
3. Restoration. SERVPRO understands what a devastating and trying time this is for you and your family. Know that we are here to make the restoration process as seamless and as comfortable for you as possible. We will walk with you through this process from beginning to end.
For more information on wildfires and ways you can be prepared to deal with this or other natural disasters, please visit: https://www.redcross.org/.
If you are looking for ways to help those effected by the terrible fires in California, the American Red Cross is taking donations to help fire victims by selecting "California Wildfires" for your donations here.
You can learn more about all of the ways you can help and assist California fire victims here: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Help-the-California-fire-victims-500531591.html
Happy Halloween from your friends at SERVPRO!
Can you believe the end of October is already here? Today, the holiday season kicks off with candy and costumes...In our office, Halloween also means our Annual pumpkin painting/carving contest!
Traditions are such a big part of our workplace and this one is so much fun! Everyone seems to get more creative with their pumpkins every year (making the contest harder to judge every time!) Who knew painting tiny pumpkins could get so competitive?
So whether it is with family, friends, or place of business, we encourage you to have some fun this holiday season. Make up a game or get crafty! If you don't know where to start, websites like Pinterest or Facebook have some awesome ideas that can help get you started.
SERVPRO of North Seminole wishes everyone a safe and happy Halloween! If you are trick or treating tonight, make sure and grab us some extra candy.
This Cleaning Tip Might Save You From Water Damage
There are many ways in which water damage to your home is unavoidable. A storm blows through and causes damage, a pipe bursts, etc. Those examples and more are out of your control. However, there is one cleaning job that if you do regularly, could assist in preventing a water damage.
Clean those gutters.
We know, it's no ones favorite job. But even just cleaning those gutters at a minimum of once a year could help in preventing a build up of leaves, sticks and other debris, this can cause clogs and result in water creeping under the roof and sometimes, into the foundation.
Advice: Sorry Florida homeowners, but we advise that you should clean your gutters more often if you have overhanging trees and after a big storm.
Here's a little tip: Instead of using a store bought scoop for the cleaning, use an old plastic kitchen spatula. It gets the job done just as well, and it won’t damage the gutters.
While it may not be the greatest chore - trust us, its more fun than a water damage.
If you have or suspect water damage to your home or business, give SERVPRO of North Seminole a call at (407) 323-2422.
SERVPRO of North Seminole Goes Pink
SANFORD, FLORIDA -- SERVPRO of North Seminole County goes pink to show their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Shared on their social media platforms earlier today, they released this statement along with a picture of members of their crew in pink SERVPRO shirts. “In October, we wear pink. We wear it to promote the importance of mammograms and early detection for women. We wear it to show our support for those in the midst of the fight. We wear it to celebrate with survivors, and to remember with those who have lost a loved one to this horrible disease. In October, we wear pink because we believe in a cure, and we need to find it.”
To learn more about how you can support breast cancer prevention awareness and research during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, please visit the following websites.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is a trusted leader in the restoration industry. Providing 24-hour emergency service, we are dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster. With the training and expertise to handle your restoration and cleaning needs, we’re locally owned and operated and can respond immediately to your emergency.
Why You Should Choose Us
This can happen anywhere. Know who to call when it does.
Forces of nature, appliance and plumbing problems can lead to severe flooding in the interior of a home or office. There are precautions one can take to reduce the damage, but water damages can still occur. When it does occur, one needs to take the next logical step. It becomes important to hire a water removal specialist. A specialist can do exactly what is necessary to restore a water damaged environment to its original state.
There are a number of important functions a specialist must perform. One of the most important is to properly extract the water from the environment.
Once water has been removed, it becomes important to properly take care of the damage that has been done to the property. An individual can only perform this with a clear eye for the process. A water damage professional can spot wear, tear, and damage that a novice would not. This is another reason why it is necessary to call in the services of a professional, such as SERVPRO.
A water damage specialist can then perform all the work needed to restore a home to its original condition. This is a critical point because if the property is not repaired in the aftermath of the water damage, it can present great safety risks. This increases the liabilities a homeowner can face after water damage.
Proper repair work can also restore the value of the property. This is very important because no one would want to see the equity of his or her home decline. Water repair specialists can work tremendously well in terms of restoring the value of a home. That alone makes the value of a repair specialist extremely significant.
If you've encountered a large leak or a flood, a specialist will have all the equipment needed to take care of the situation quickly and simply. If there is a lot of water that you think you can take care of yourself, assess whether you think structural damage can occur within the extra time it may take you as opposed to a specialist.
Depending on what type of water there is, it could be harmful to your health. You should always call in a professional to get the job done. Once all the water is extracted or pumped out you would have to completely dry out the whole area. SERVPRO owns several large, high power drying fans to prevent further damage. Further damage, if not dried completely in a reasonable amount of time, could result in the growth of mold. In some cases, a water specialist may offer much lower prices and more accurate work than a regular plumber.
A SERVPRO specialist can handle septic systems, broken dishwashers or other plumbing or water utility device issues. If a strange smell in your home just won't go away, consider calling a water damage specialist at your local SERVPRO.
Testing For Mold?
Mold is hard to handle on your own. Let the professionals at SERVPRO combat the task.
When you should test for mold:
- Following flood damage
- Once a leak is found
- When you notice stains that you cannot explain
- When you smell mold, but cannot see it
- If someone in your home develops a medical condition that cannot be explained
- Call for a mold inspection if you see or smell mold, or if you are experiencing health problems, most notably, difficulty breathing.
- A visual assessment can help determine where mold is located. Air samples will be taken and tested for mold spores. Once testing is complete, a report will be issued with the findings.
- If test result prove that there is in fact mold present it is important to call a mold remediation specialist, such as SERVPRO, to take care of the job. During mold remediation, professionals will use protective clothing (including masks and gloves) and the proper equipment to ensure the mold does not spread.
- Finally, air samples will be taken again once mold has been removed. A new report will be issued.
Water Damage: Know What You Are Dealing With
Need SERVPRO water damage restoration services? No matter the kind of water involved, call (407) 323-2422, we’ll make it "Like it never even happened"
Category 1: Clean Water Damage
Water damage from clean water is the easiest to manage, but it still requires quick action plus specialized equipment and techniques. Clean water can come from a water heater, dishwasher that malfunctions, the city water supply, a well when a pipe bursts or damaged supply lines to appliances or toilets. When clean water floods your home or business, most flooring, building structure and contents can be saved when quick action is taken.
Category 2: Gray Water Damage
A gray water flood comes from water that’s known to contain a significant amount of physical, chemical or biological contamination. Exposure to this water can cause illness and property damage if action isn’t taken quickly. Gray water damage may come from a urine-filled toilet bowl, dishwasher or washing machine discharge or a failed sump pump. Any water that needs to be sanitized before use is gray water. Structure and possessions impacted by gray water must be removed to prevent the growth of mold and to prevent further damage. Some materials may be restored, but most items will be lost when impacted by gray water.
Category 3: Black Water Damage
Black water damage at your home or business is the most dangerous to your health, and the most damaging to your structure and its contents. This damage from highly contaminated water can cause illness and disease and must be dealt with immediately. Black water can come from a sewage backup, an overflowing river, seawater or other water from the outside. Any water left standing for more than 48 to 72 hours may become black water as bacteria levels in it rise from stagnation. Special equipment, training and sanitation instruments and procedures as well as possible mold remediation are necessary to deal with black water damage.
Protecting Your Central Florida Business From Hurricane Damage
Just like you would your home, it is so important to protect your business structure from powerful storms.
That's why we thought we would share a few tips to help you prepare.
- Trim trees or other plants
At your home, you are going to make sure your trees and bushes are trimmed to help ensure that nothing comes flying through your windows during high winds. It's important to take this same measure at the office.
- Storm shutters
If you live somewhere prone to hurricanes and powerful storms like we do here in Central Florida, it's always a good idea to install storm shutters on your windows at the office just like you would at home.
- Storage space
If you are a company that deals with equipment (like we do) it's important to have a space inside your office that you would be able to store everything if need be. This helps to prevent any equipment from getting wet and possibly ruined.
So that's it. All it takes is a few extra measures to make sure your business is as safe and secure during a storm as your home!
If you ever do end up with a water damage in your home or place of business, don't worry...We're here for you.
Give us a call at 407-323-2422
Fire Prevention Week - What You Need To Know
House fires can cause a lot of damage very quickly.
Did you know that National Fire Prevention Week 2017 is October 8-14? It is a necessity for your family to stay up to date on fire safety because it truly saves lives.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan.
This is important not only for your home but for your place of business as well. If there is a fire one day while you are in the office, have you thought about your escape plan? Does your company have one in place?
These are all vital questions to ask and the essential reason that Fire Prevention Week exists.
Bringing awareness to fire safety and its importance.
That is what this is all about! So sit down with your family and come up with an escape plan in case of a fire. Make sure you as well as your co-workers are up to date with the escape plan at your job too!
You can also to follow SERVPRO of North Seminole county on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! We will be bringing you fire safety tips and trades throughout Fire Prevention Week! You can also find a bunch of resources on fire safety by visiting the American Red Cross website, as well as NFPA.org.
Remember, fire restoration is one of our specialties here at SERVPRO of North Seminole County. (407) 323-2422
My Central Florida Home Has Fire Damage, Now What?
Our crews doing some serious cleaning to the area effected by a house fire.
When you have experienced a fire in your home, one of the first things you want to do is call your insurance company. Find out everything you can about your policy to ensure that you know exactly what it will cost you to begin the repairs.
Then, you call us.
We are leading experts in fire restoration for homes and commercial properties; and we are here for you 24/7 every single day.
As soon as you call we will set up a time to come to your home and assess the damage. From there, we will help you make a plan begin the restoration process.
Fires can leave the effected area looking completely destroyed. So one of the first things we will do is clean up! This includes water extraction, smoke and soot removal from floors, walls and ceilings, and cleaning all restorable items that were damaged by the fire.
We will also try and protect your home from any further damage by tarping part of the roof or boarding up windows and doors if needed.
Finally, the restoration process begins and we work to restore your home to pre-fire condition, "Like it never even happened."
If your home or commercial property has recently been damaged by a fire, give us a call at: 407-323-2422.
Selling a Central Florida Home?
Realtors, This One's For You.
Want to know a secret? Clean homes sell faster! Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. In Florida, we also understand the increased potential for previously undetected mold growth in any given home. Any leaks, water stains, or lingering odors can also be a sign of a larger issue.
Your sellers may have trouble spots to address before you list or schedule a home inspection. However, a lot of times realtors are the first ones to spot the issue. Either way, make sure you get a professional to address the problem(s). That way, you are less likely to run into issues during the buyer inspection.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help with any of these issues and more! Give us a call today, for a free mold inspection or assessment: (407) 323-2422.
Fire Safety Tips for your Central Florida Home
A home partially destroyed by a fire.
Did you know September is National Preparedness Month?
Because we always want you to be up-to-date on fire prevention methods, we thought this would be a great time to share a few tips with you!
- Make sure your house is equipped with the correct amount of smoke alarms on EVERY level of your home.
- Testing your smoke alarms monthly will help ensure that they are all working properly.
- If you do not have a fire escape plan in place, sit down with your family and make one.
- Talk to your children about fire safety and make sure matches, lighters and even lit candles are out of reach for the little ones in your home.
In the event a fire does occur in your home, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help you get your home back! We offer full fire restoration services and are ready to serve you.
Give us a call: 407-323-2422
Post Hurricane Tips
Hurricane Lane is currently causing major flooding issues as it continues to bare down on the Hawaiian islands. So often we post about hurricane preparation tips and what you can do to be ready for a big storm. While that is important to know, it is also vital to understand steps that should be taken after a hurricane has passed through your area.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is a proud supporter and partner of The American Red Cross, and hope that these few tips assist your family in the aftermath of a hurricane.
- If the power is out after a storm and you have a generator, PLEASE make sure you know how to properly use and store one BEFORE you ever utilize it.
- Try to assess the damage to your home or building. If you hear strange noises or shifting, leave the structure immediately.
- Pay close attention to flood warnings and other safety messages post hurricane. Just because the storm has passed, does not mean you should stop tuning into your emergency radio.
- If you have to venture outside before safety measures have been put in place. REMEMBER that fallen power lines can be covered by debris from the storm. Proceed with extreme caution.
- Follow your local hurricane disaster guidelines. They are put in place to help ensure you and your family's safety.
There are plenty of more tips on how to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane. Please visit The American Red Cross website for more details.
For storm damage restoration needs, we are here to help. Give us a call at (407) 323-2422.
Summer, Wet Floors, and Your Central Florida Home
Wet feet can do a number on your floors!
Summer time for a lot of families means staying busy with lots of fun activities! If you live in Florida, a majority of those activities probably include water.
Whether you are cooling off in the pool, spending your days at the beach, or enjoying those awesome Florida water parks, those wet feet, clothes and accessories may have done a number on your floors this summer.
Can't forget those wet shoes after getting caught in a Central Florida afternoon thunderstorm!
Don't worry, the little bit of water most likely will not cause long term damage to your flooring. However, it may be time for a good cleaning!
Did you know that chlorine from a pool or water park can actually leave permanent stains on your flooring? It can also create an odor from where the chlorine has seeped into the carpet fibers. Salt water can also leave a sticky feeling residue on carpet and flooring, as well as make spots on your carpet feel stiff where the water was not completely dried up.
Whether chlorine or salt water, your local Central Florida SERVPRO team can take care of that "end of summer" residue in no time! We offer regular carpet cleaning services that will keep your carpet looking new. Protect your flooring with carpet cleaning you can count on. We use safe state-of-the-art equipment and solutions and our certified and experienced technicians will get those floors clean in no time.
Give SERVPRO of North Seminole County a call today at (407) 323-2422.
How Well Do You Know Your Policy?
Insurance is a subject that most find unimportant until they are in a situation when they need it. Our advice? DO NOT be like this.
As a business or home owner, it is vital to know exactly what your policy covers! We cannot tell you how many times we find that a business or home is damaged and some (or none) of the repairs are covered.
In Florida, more often than not the lack of coverage surrounds flood or mold damage.
Make it a priority to call your agent sometime this week. Have a five to ten minute "checkup" coversation just to make sure you are all on the same page with your policy and coverage!
Put your mind at ease, and know that when the unexpected happens, SERVPRO of North Seminole County will be here for you, and your insurance will pay for it!
If you are in need of Cleaning & Restoration services, give us a call at (407) 323-2422.
Fireworks and Fire Safety
The 4th of July is just days away!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you celebrate safely with your family, so here are a few firework safety tips we think you should be aware of:
- It is important that you know about and abide by the local firework laws set in your area. (This can help avoid putting a damper on your holiday with a ticket or violation fee.)
- Have an adult read the instructions on the fireworks before lighting. (This can help to prevent a small mistake, with a potential big consequence.)
- Adults should ALWAYS assist their kids when setting off fireworks. (This will help keep the process safer.)
- Set off your fireworks in a clear area. (Keep away from trees, homes, people, buildings, etc.)
- Finally, clean up when your done! (Please don't litter.)
These simple tips can go a long way in helping prevent you from getting hurt or accidentally starting a fire when operating fireworks.
Happy 4th of July from all of us at SERVPRO of North Seminole County!
Remember, if you experience a holiday mishap, SERVPRO is always Here To Help! Click here to learn more about Fire Damage Restoration.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Is Your Workplace Prepared for Severe Weather?
June is National Safety Month, and while there are many topics that detail vital safety issues, this post will be dedicated to workplace safety. Specifically, preparing for bad weather.
Living in Central Florida, we are no stranger to the severe weather we face not only during hurricane season, but earlier in the year too. That's why its important to have an emergency plan in the office, just like you would for your family at home.
Here are a few tips that you should think about when forming your office emergency weather plan:
- Make sure you always have a way to listen to the local weather stations in your area when dealing with severe weather.
- Have your own way of notifying employees when weather becomes dangerous. Don't only rely on community systems.
- It is important that your employees know where to seek shelter in the case of a tornado or severe storm.
- In the event a tornado or severe storm causes damage to your workplace, proceed with caution through areas, and watch out for hazards.
- Call SERVPRO of North Seminole County to help deal with any water damage that may occur. We are committed to making sure your property damage is as minimal as possible.
You should always discuss your emergency plan with employees and make sure that they know exactly what to do in the case of a tornado or severe weather.
Having this plan in place can help prevent injuries or accidents during a severe weather situation.
For more information on National Safety Month, visit the National Safety Council Website.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County - 407.323.2422
Water Safety Tips (Summer is almost here!)
Summer is just around the corner and in Central Florida that means a lot of us are all gearing up to take part in water activities and swimming!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you have a fun, safe summer. So we thought we would share some top water safety tips for you to remember before you jump in the water!
- Swim with a buddy. (If possible, this is always the safest route no matter where you might be swimming.)
- Parents, always watch your kids while they are in the pool. (Disasters can happen so fast.)
- Have a life jacket and first aid kit on hand. (Getting in the habit of taking these things with you to swimming activities can be helpful.)
For more great water safety tips, visit the American Red Cross website.
For Immediate Service call SERVPRO of North Seminole County
SERVPRO of North Seminole County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. For 35 years we have been responding immediately to any emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 407-323-2422
Whether your Seminole County home needs emergency flood damage or your carpetscleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for Fire/Water/Mold damage to strike your Seminole County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation/Restoration
Call The Experts
Mold found down near the baseboards in this home.
What's that musty odor? Where did this spot on the ceiling come from? Has the corner of that wall always looked like that?
If any of the above questions make you think about your home, it's time to give SERVPRO of North Seminole County a call.
The bad news: If you have ever asked or thought any of the above questions, you may be dealing with a mold issue in your home.
The good news: We are experts in mold remediation! Our crew would be happy to come out and inspect your home and the area of concern to see what you may be dealing with - at no cost to you, of course.
Mold in your home can be scary...In some cases it may even mean health concerns for your family. But don't worry, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to serve you and help get your life back to normal and your home mold free!
Give us a call today: 407-323-2422
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is proud to be taking part in Severe Weather Awareness Week by being involve in the Seminole County Disaster Equipment Showcase. This event will feature vehicles, equipment and employees from agencies and companies that respond during and after severe weather events.
Along with our vehicles and equipment being on display, SERVPRO of North Seminole County will be handing out information and answering questions about what to do before, during and after a severe weather event.
For 35 years, we have been a leader in Seminole and Volusia County when it comes to assisting homeowners and building owners during and after a storm. Whether the damage is minor or major our emergency crews are ready to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Stop by and see us on Saturday, Jan. 28th, at the Sanford Riverwalk. And remember, call SERVPRO of North Seminole County anytime at 407-323-2422.