Recent Fire Damage Posts
Christmas Home Hazards
It's the most wonderful time of the year! With Christmas only a couple of weeks away, trees are up and decorated, Christmas candles are filling the house with smells of sugar cookies or cinnamon, and lights are up outside to add that extra sparkle after dark.
While all of these are beautiful ways to delight in the spirit of the season, we want to ensure that you take the proper safety precautions to keep your family and home safe.
Did you know that December being the peak period for home fires started by candles or misuse of lights?
Here are a few tips that may help prevent a fire hazard in your home:
- Keep those Christmas tress watered! Make sure that you check the water level each day, to help avoid the tree drying out and becoming a fire hazard.
- Do not leave outside Christmas lights on while you sleep. Turn them on for a few hours a night, and then turn them off. (This saves electricity too!)
- 40% of home decoration fires are started by candles. Make sure you place candles in a safe location when burning and do not leave unattended.
We encourage you to always be mindful of potential fire dangers and remain cautious no matter what time of year. However, we ask that you be EXTRA careful during this season.
However, if you were to find yourself the victim of a home fire - you can trust SERVPRO of North Seminole County to have you back to normal in no time!
What You Should Know: Dealing With A Fire Aftermath
2018 has been one of the most destructive wildfire seasons on record in California. The devastation that has occurred is beyond tragic, and our thoughts and prayers are with all of those effected.
Like a hurricane or many other natural disasters, wildfires bring up the urgency for people to understand what they are dealing with, should they ever be caught in that situation. One of the most important things to understand is wildfires can get out of control and the result can be disastrous.
If you find yourself as a victim of this event there are a few necessary measures to take immediately:
1. Ensure the health and safety of those involved. This is best achieved through emergency personnel. As soon as possible, make sure you seek help.
2. When the situation is SAFE and CONTAINED, it is important to assess the damage to your home or place of business, in the case of a wildfire, this should involve both your insurance and local authorities.
3. Restoration. SERVPRO understands what a devastating and trying time this is for you and your family. Know that we are here to make the restoration process as seamless and as comfortable for you as possible. We will walk with you through this process from beginning to end.
For more information on wildfires and ways you can be prepared to deal with this or other natural disasters, please visit: https://www.redcross.org/.
If you are looking for ways to help those effected by the terrible fires in California, the American Red Cross is taking donations to help fire victims by selecting "California Wildfires" for your donations here.
You can learn more about all of the ways you can help and assist California fire victims here: https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Help-the-California-fire-victims-500531591.html
Fire Prevention Week - What You Need To Know
House fires can cause a lot of damage very quickly.
Did you know that National Fire Prevention Week 2017 is October 8-14? It is a necessity for your family to stay up to date on fire safety because it truly saves lives.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan.
This is important not only for your home but for your place of business as well. If there is a fire one day while you are in the office, have you thought about your escape plan? Does your company have one in place?
These are all vital questions to ask and the essential reason that Fire Prevention Week exists.
Bringing awareness to fire safety and its importance.
That is what this is all about! So sit down with your family and come up with an escape plan in case of a fire. Make sure you as well as your co-workers are up to date with the escape plan at your job too!
You can also to follow SERVPRO of North Seminole county on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! We will be bringing you fire safety tips and trades throughout Fire Prevention Week! You can also find a bunch of resources on fire safety by visiting the American Red Cross website, as well as NFPA.org.
Remember, fire restoration is one of our specialties here at SERVPRO of North Seminole County. (407) 323-2422
My Central Florida Home Has Fire Damage, Now What?
Our crews doing some serious cleaning to the area effected by a house fire.
When you have experienced a fire in your home, one of the first things you want to do is call your insurance company. Find out everything you can about your policy to ensure that you know exactly what it will cost you to begin the repairs.
Then, you call us.
We are leading experts in fire restoration for homes and commercial properties; and we are here for you 24/7 every single day.
As soon as you call we will set up a time to come to your home and assess the damage. From there, we will help you make a plan begin the restoration process.
Fires can leave the effected area looking completely destroyed. So one of the first things we will do is clean up! This includes water extraction, smoke and soot removal from floors, walls and ceilings, and cleaning all restorable items that were damaged by the fire.
We will also try and protect your home from any further damage by tarping part of the roof or boarding up windows and doors if needed.
Finally, the restoration process begins and we work to restore your home to pre-fire condition, "Like it never even happened."
If your home or commercial property has recently been damaged by a fire, give us a call at: 407-323-2422.
Fire Safety Tips for your Central Florida Home
A home partially destroyed by a fire.
Did you know September is National Preparedness Month?
Because we always want you to be up-to-date on fire prevention methods, we thought this would be a great time to share a few tips with you!
- Make sure your house is equipped with the correct amount of smoke alarms on EVERY level of your home.
- Testing your smoke alarms monthly will help ensure that they are all working properly.
- If you do not have a fire escape plan in place, sit down with your family and make one.
- Talk to your children about fire safety and make sure matches, lighters and even lit candles are out of reach for the little ones in your home.
In the event a fire does occur in your home, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help you get your home back! We offer full fire restoration services and are ready to serve you.
Give us a call: 407-323-2422
Fireworks and Fire Safety
The 4th of July is just days away!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you celebrate safely with your family, so here are a few firework safety tips we think you should be aware of:
- It is important that you know about and abide by the local firework laws set in your area. (This can help avoid putting a damper on your holiday with a ticket or violation fee.)
- Have an adult read the instructions on the fireworks before lighting. (This can help to prevent a small mistake, with a potential big consequence.)
- Adults should ALWAYS assist their kids when setting off fireworks. (This will help keep the process safer.)
- Set off your fireworks in a clear area. (Keep away from trees, homes, people, buildings, etc.)
- Finally, clean up when your done! (Please don't litter.)
These simple tips can go a long way in helping prevent you from getting hurt or accidentally starting a fire when operating fireworks.
Happy 4th of July from all of us at SERVPRO of North Seminole County!
Remember, if you experience a holiday mishap, SERVPRO is always Here To Help! Click here to learn more about Fire Damage Restoration.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Preventing A Fire
It's important to begin this article by letting you know that fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how many safety measures you take. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Make sure to regularly have your home heating system evaluated by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Remove lint from the dyer after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. In other words, don't walk away from the candle you just blew out until you are sure that the fire is completely out.
While we hope this is never the case, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Fire Safety Plan
Having a fire safety plan for your family is so important. In the event of a fire, every family member knowing exactly what to do could truly be life saving. That's why here at SERVPRO of North Seminole County we strongly support the creation of home fire escape plans in every household.
If you do not already have a plan in place for your home, here are a few tips for creating one!
- Family members should know two ways to get out of every room in the home.
- Make specific escape routes and plans for homes with two stories or more.
- Pick a meeting place outside of the home where your family will go in the event of a fire.
- Home fire drills should be performed to make sure that the plan in place works well.
- Make sure every member of the family knows how to call 9-1-1.
For all of your fire restoration needs, give us a call at 407-323-2422.