Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Warning Signs of Mold in Your Home
Mold in the home can be dangerous, not only to your health but also the structure of your home. Luckily, there are many warning signs of mold that lets homeowners know it is there. However it isn't always easy to spot! Here are some of the warning signs that you may have mold:
- Visible mold growth may not always be the first sign, but if you do see any mold within your home call SERVPRO.
- Water stains on ceilings, floors, or walls are another indicator you may have mold. Long term moisture will inevitably lead to mold growth.
- If your home has flooded in the past, there is a likely chance that you may have some form of mold growth as a result.
- Although not all molds will produce a smell, many produce a musty odor.
If you suspect mold growth in your home or place of business...SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422
The Lingering Effect
Mold that had been growing inside a wall due to water damage.
Mold. It is usually never foreseeable and never found until one day you open up that back storage closet that you NEVER go in and it smells a little strange. Moving things around you find it, and then you call us.
However, there are cases when a mold problem should be foreseeable and can hopefully be taken care of before it is even a problem. When does this occur?
During floods or water damages.
You should always be aware that anytime you have had flood damage to your home or place of business it is likely for mold growth to occur in that area. In fact, it's more than likely. That is why you always hire a water damage restoration specialist (we know a good one) to deal with flood or water damage. SERVPRO will make sure that you are at the least possible risk for any lingering mold growth.
Give us a call for a FREE mold inspection: 407-323-2422
Do I Have A Mold Issue?
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If you think your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your issue.
If You See Signs of Mold, have a musty odor or just want some peace of mind, call us today at 407-323-2422.
Mold Remediation Home Remedies - Don't Do It
Mold growth in the corner of a wall in a back closet,
Pinterest and Google articles are just a few of the media platforms that will tell you there is a homemade way to get rid of mold in your home or place of business. DO NOT listen.
Mold spores can be deep rooted, so while you might be able to get rid of the visible mold problem with some bleach or a vinegar solution, you most likely have not gotten rid of the source.
So turn off your computers, stop your home remedy research and give SERVPRO of North Seminole County a call instead. Our licensed mold remediation specialists will be happy to set up an appointment for an FREE estimate to help you understand what you are dealing with. Then we will take care of the WHOLE issue for you, so you don't have to worry if there is any lingering effects!
Give us a call today: 407-323-2422
Preventative Measures Against Mold Growth In Your Home
Mold growth on the ceiling of the home.
Did you know that mold spores occur naturally in our environment? Especially if you live here in Central Florida, mold spores almost always exist in some form due to our high humidity levels. However, this does not equate to a mold problem in your home, something that can be maintained through a few easy steps we will share with you below!
- Avoid long-term leaks: this one may seem obvious, but so many times we can make a temporary "quick fix" to a problem that isn't going away. Leaks are the leading cause for mold in a home so always make sure when you discover a leak that you get it taken care of right away.
- Mold loves wood: that's right, wood becomes an easy target for mold growth in the right moisture setting. That's why it is always good to use plastic or metal containers or shelving in places where high moisture levels can occur, such as a garage or a basement.
- Limit moisture in kitchens and bathrooms: Always try to make sure and vent an area that contains moisture. After you shower, turn on the vent in the bathroom for at least 20 minutes. Also, you can turn on the vents when cooking on a stove as well.
- Inspect your air conditioning unit: Finally, make sure to complete a yearly inspection of your air conditioning unit. Mold spores can get trapped and build up in certain areas causing it to expand.
Remembering these tips will not guarantee that you will never have a mold problem occur. However, it will help reduce the risk!
Testing For Mold?
Mold is hard to handle on your own. Let the professionals at SERVPRO combat the task.
When you should test for mold:
- Following flood damage
- Once a leak is found
- When you notice stains that you cannot explain
- When you smell mold, but cannot see it
- If someone in your home develops a medical condition that cannot be explained
- Call for a mold inspection if you see or smell mold, or if you are experiencing health problems, most notably, difficulty breathing.
- A visual assessment can help determine where mold is located. Air samples will be taken and tested for mold spores. Once testing is complete, a report will be issued with the findings.
- If test result prove that there is in fact mold present it is important to call a mold remediation specialist, such as SERVPRO, to take care of the job. During mold remediation, professionals will use protective clothing (including masks and gloves) and the proper equipment to ensure the mold does not spread.
- Finally, air samples will be taken again once mold has been removed. A new report will be issued.