What You Should Know: Dealing With A Fire Aftermath
A destructive force like a fire can make it difficult to gauge what your first move should be. Here is a list of actions to take in the event that you are affected by a fire.
- Immediately contact the fire department and evacuate to a safe location
- Determine if anyone needs medical attention, and respond appropriately
- Find a safe place to stay if necessary, or if this proves to be difficult you may contact your local disaster relief agency, such as Salvation Army or American Red Cross which can help you find a temporary place to stay.
- Make sure doors and windows are secure, and secure any valuables as well.
- Call SERVPRO of North Seminole County to begin restoring your home or bussines.
SERPVPRO will clean any affected items you wish to restore. SERVPRO is also equipped to clean any of four different soot types, dry smoke, wet smoke, protein smoke, as well as fuel oil smoke residues.
For more information on fires and ways you can be prepared to deal with this or other natural disasters, please visit: https://www.redcross.org/.