Preventing a Fire
Fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how many safety measures you take. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may greatly reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure safety in the event of a fire.
- Make sure to regularly have your home heating system evaluated by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Remove lint from the dyer after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. In other words, don't walk away from the candle you just blew out until you are sure that the fire is completely out.
- Safely store flammable items away from all sources of heat.
- Lastly, always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
While we hope this is never the case, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422.