What To Expect
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help! (407) 323-2422
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of North Seminole County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of North Seminole County
SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
You're Not Ready - But We Are
"You don't think about what you will do if your place of business is covered in water. So thankful SERVPRO of North Seminole County came to the rescue!" - Amy
You don't think about it. A fire, a water damage, hurricane loss, mold growth - we could go on and on. As tragic and worrisome as these events can be, its fairly rare that we find a commercial property owner who is prepared to open the flood gates that was a front door and find a water damage.
That's where we come in.
We can handle any sort of damage, big or small! We are talking skyscraper status, to small business warehouse offices. We are here for you. So don't let the panic sink in...Grab your phone, dial our number, and we'll take it from there.
24/7 - 7 days a week: (407) 323-2422
Severe Weather Awareness Week - Florida
Florida Severe Weather Awareness Week is full of essential information and tips to help you be prepared in various severe weather events.
The awareness platform details ways to stay safe in the event of a lightning storm. (VITAL information for Floridians to pay attention to.)
It also talks about hurricanes and flooding. What you can do to prepare your family, home, and business for these events should they occur.
Earlier this week, a statewide tornado drill was held in order for proactive participants to take part in tornado safety exercises. (FYI, if you do not do this, you should.)
Marine hazards and rip currents are also a topic of concern especially in Florida. If you are EVER beach-goers, you and your family should be up to date on these dangers and safety precautions.
Finally, fires and extreme temperatures are important awareness topics. Florida's dry season is going on right now. Which means we are at a higher risk for wildfires.
You may think you know the proper safety tips and procedures in each of these topics, but it never hurts to reaffirm that information and keep it fresh in your mind. Check out floridadisasters.org for more information. Stay safe Florida!
Safety Plans - Tornado
We do not see them very often in Central Florida. However, during some major storms the threat of a tornado can become very real, very quickly.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in flooding and storm damage restoration, but our first priority is you. That's why we wanted to share a few safety tips with you so that in the event of a tornado, you know what to do.
- It is important to know the difference between Tornado Watches and Tornado Warnings. If a Tornado Watch is issued for your area, it means that weather conditions are favorable for a tornado to occur. If a Tornado Warning is issued in your area, it means a tornado has been detected in your area and you should seek shelter immediately.
- If a tornado warning is issued in your area, make sure that everyone in the home goes to an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows. Usually, this would be a basement, closet or bathroom.
- It is always a good idea to have a portable battery operated radio. That way in the event of a tornado you are able to still listen to weather warnings and updates from your safe room.
In the event that damage occurs to your home or place of business due to a major storm...SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422
Safety Tips for Your Business
Helping to protect your business is easy when you follow a few simple measures. Here are a few of our favorite safety tips so that you can be better prepared if disaster strikes.
- Advance preparation is so important. Make sure that key employees understand the business insurance plan in DETAIL. This makes it so much easier when you need to make a claim.
- Make sure your smoke alarms work properly! It is such a small thing but this safety measure is constantly neglected.
- Make sure safety rules and plans are accessible to all employees. This can be achieved by having the safety instructions posted in all areas of the office space.
Even just by implementing these quick and easy steps, your helping to make your business environment safer and better prepared!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Why Your Business Needs An ERP
When you have a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) in place for your business, you are ready for whatever happens!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County can provide your company with an ERP individually tailored to your needs. Here's what it does:
- Identifies a point of contact able to authorize work orders. This allows us to be able to quickly get to work repairing any damage in the event of a water or fire damage.
- Provides significant details on valve shut off locations, identifies areas with important safety equipment and presents emergency contact information and notes. This allows any employee you wish to have easy access to vital emergency information in the event that damage occurs.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here to help protect your business by helping you get prepared! Give us a call today: (407) 323-2422
What You Can Do After A Water Damage
Water in unwanted places can cause a lot of damage. While we never suggest cleaning up a water damage yourself, there are a few things you can do before the professionals get there in order to help preserve your belongings!
- Remove electronics that may be in the path of the water. The faster you do this, the less damage you will have occur to these items.
- Anything you are able to get up on blocks and away from the water really helps the chances of salvaging items in a water damage.
- Towels, buckets, mops and anything else that can soak up as much water as possible is always a plus and can help to prevent significant damage to flooring.
After these steps, leave the rest to us! SERVPRO of North Seminole County specializes in water damage restoration and can get your home back to normal in no time!
If you have suffered a water damage, give us a call at 407-323-2422.
Christmas Home Hazards
It's the most wonderful time of the year! With Christmas only a couple of weeks away, trees are up and decorated, Christmas candles are filling the house with smells of sugar cookies or cinnamon, and lights are up outside to add that extra sparkle after dark.
While all of these are beautiful ways to delight in the spirit of the season, we want to ensure that you take the proper safety precautions to keep your family and home safe.
Did you know that December being the peak period for home fires started by candles or misuse of lights?
Here are a few tips that may help prevent a fire hazard in your home:
- Keep those Christmas tress watered! Make sure that you check the water level each day, to help avoid the tree drying out and becoming a fire hazard.
- Do not leave outside Christmas lights on while you sleep. Turn them on for a few hours a night, and then turn them off. (This saves electricity too!)
- 40% of home decoration fires are started by candles. Make sure you place candles in a safe location when burning and do not leave unattended.
We encourage you to always be mindful of potential fire dangers and remain cautious no matter what time of year. However, we ask that you be EXTRA careful during this season.
However, if you were to find yourself the victim of a home fire - you can trust SERVPRO of North Seminole County to have you back to normal in no time!
Protecting Your Central Florida Home - Flooding
Water damage is no match for SERVPRO of North Seminole county restoration experts!
Flooding can happen anywhere and if you live in Florida, you know even one of our heavy afternoon thunderstorms can ensure flooding can happen "any time" as well.
It's a scary thought to think that your home could be under water in a moment’s notice.
So we thought we would share a few tips that can help you stay flood free.
- Water flow - How does water flow around your house? It's important that it flows away from the structure. If it is noted that this is not the case, you may want to call an irrigation specialist to see if it is possible to correct.
- Water valves - Two words: modify them. So many times, in flooding cases we see sewage backup and overflow. That is the LAST thing you want to be dealing with, so it may be worth it to look at installing a back-flow valve.
- Lastly, if you believe flooding is about to occur, move as many items as you can away from the rising water (electronics especially). Then give us a call, and we will be out there ASAP to help!
If you experience flooding or water damage, give us a call at: 407-323-2422
Hurricanes - The Aftermath
This home had some storm damage, but we were there to clean up the water as quickly as possible!
If you live in Florida, then you know that hurricane season comes with the territory. However, that does not stop us from wishing them away each year.
This year, we got hit with power storm, Hurricane Irma.
She caused lots of damage to homes and commercial properties here in the Sunshine State...Some are still recovering, restoring and repairing in the aftermath.
SERVPRO of North Seminole county wants you to know that we are here to serve you! If you are still dealing with water damage or maybe even some mold build up from where a water damage was, give us a call. We specialize in water damage restoration and mold remediation.
Let us help you get your home or commercial property back in pre-hurricane shape.
Give us a call at: 407-323-2422