Why is Commercial Building Cleaning Important?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
With the rising cases of COVID-19 positive, we need to be extra careful when it comes to sanitation and cleaning our surroundings. We should clean not only our house but also our commercial building as we spend most of our time there. If your commercial building needs more manpower to clean, you can always ask for commercial building restoration services. So to convince you more, here are the reasons why commercial building cleaning is important:
Staff are one of the important stakeholders why a company runs so investing in them can give you benefits in the future. Investing means providing them a safe workplace where they can’t worry if they might have been exposed to the virus. In addition, nobody wants to work hard at their job only to know that they are expected to clean and tidy their space. Leverage on this one, ask for a commercial building cleaning service. Having a third party to clean your building can help your staff focus and put quality to their overall work as there would be no more additional chores. In addition, it’s already a proven fact that staff and workers are generally more productive and positive in a cleaner and safer environment.
Building maintenance if not properly done can break you. Sink faucets, microwaves, refrigerators, water fountains, or vending machines can be a place where bacteria want to play if these are dirty. If you are having a bunch of employees it would be uncontrollable and so keeping these clean can contribute to a healthy working environment. Common areas like breakrooms, bathrooms, and kitchens should also be well maintained to keep office workers healthy and help stop the spread of the virus.
- To Avoid Indoor Pollution
Indoor air quality is another concern in office buildings. Since the virus is airborne and we tend to spend more time indoors than outdoors, the quality of the air in the office is important. Poor air quality can lead to infections, respiratory problems, and chronic lung disease such as asthma. Office buildings can improve quality indoor air by practicing methods to reduce allergens and dust. A commercial building cleaning service can help you with it if you are unsure where to start. They often use green cleaning products to minimize chemical use.
- Long Term Cost Savings
Some companies only perform the most basic cleaning process. While dust lingers on top of cabinets, shelves, on blinds, and in hard-to-reach areas, we need to get rid of them. Maintaining the office includes keeping furniture, shelving, desks, floors, and other areas free from dust and contaminants. Investing in commercial building restoration services can help save you future costs as they are already trained and expert professionals. They already have the equipment and materials that would be needed in cleaning so it will save you a lot of time as well. The savings can be significant in terms.
Because of the busy schedule, we often forget the importance of cleaning the workspace. However, having a clean working environment means you care a lot about your employees because providing them a safe workplace means having them healthy and happy.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County provides exceptional restoration and remediation services for both residential and commercial properties. Because emergencies tend to not abide by a schedule, our highly trained and experienced crews are dedicated to responding immediately; operating 7 days a week with 24-hour emergency service.
Powerful Storms Around Sanford Can Be Bad For Business
Commercial building damage can be pricey!
SERVPRO of North Seminole County Can Help Get Your Commercial Space Back Up And Running
Spring is here, and as we head for summer powerful storms continue to make their way through the Central Florida region. With these heavy storms there is always a lightning, lots of wind and of course flooding. This can be very bad news for your business. Remember the flash flood ion downtown Sanford not to long ago?
Some of the storms start with light rain and then shift to more pronounced lines of showers and thunderstorms along with strong winds, causing damage to businesses throughout the region.
This can also mean power outages, which also doesn't help your Sanford business.
Knowing You Have Help And Resources
Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Flooding and water damage events at Seminole County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response.
SERVPRO of North Seminole offers the resources locally and on a national level to restore anything from a small or complex commercial water damage scenario. We exceed your needs both to repair your property and also to restore the trust the companies and individuals have invested in your professional commercial management.
We understand how important it is to limit the downtime of your and your tenants’ business operations. We make every effort to clean and dry the structure quickly, staging the restoration process with an eye to reestablishing business operations even before the entire remediation is accomplished if appropriate and safe.
Preventing secondary damage from contaminated water is important, this is more likely if we are involved as soon as possible in the process. We follow up with our state of the art procedures for saving and drying paperwork, books, pictures and other crucial work products you and your lessees may have feared would be lost due to the water infiltration.
First Call For Commercial Water Damage In Sanford!
SERVPRO of North Seminole specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event, call us if you have questions (407) 323-2422.
Critical First Aid Tools for Seminole County Businesses
Having a first aid kit is always a good idea!
First aid kits, also known as emergency kits, are much too essential to wait until the last minute. Any company should have one on hand at all times. Since accidents tend to happen unexpectedly, make sure your Seminole County business is prepared by stocking at least one first aid kit ahead of time.
What To Include
Having an emergency kit on hand is necessary, but what goes in it is more important. The products listed below should be kept in your kit at all times for a team of two to three people. Check the list against your supplies to ensure you have everything you need.
Medical items to keep in a first aid kit
- Adhesive bandages: box of Band-Aids; at least two triangular bandages
- Gauze pads: small – 4 x 4 inches; large – 8 x 10 inches
- Roll of gauze bandages – 2-inch width
- Equipment for resuscitation
- Sealed towelettes to clean wounds
- Blanket: minimum of one
- Minimum of elastic wraps
- Adhesive tape
The list above is intended only for small teams, so prepare accordingly if your team is larger. To optimal insurance, it is best to have more than one kit in a company. Within the kit, provide guidelines for contacting external medical services, such as an ambulance, if necessary.
Where To Keep It
Staff members should have access to the emergency kit at all times. Keeping staff aware of its position will make any emergency easier to handle for anyone concerned.
Why SERVPRO for Cleanup and Restoration Service
Winner of many awards over 40 years of service.
Your house has been damaged due to a water leak or fire and the first thing that comes to mind is contacting a cleanup and restoration service. They are the first responders especially the 24-Hour Emergency Cleanup Service following significant damage to a house caused by floods, fires, water damage, sewage backup, and other major events. They cleaned whatever mess the wrath has made in being able to protect you and your family. In addition, cleanup and restoration service cannot repair your house unless they are licensed to do so by the state they are located.
In North Seminole County, there are a bunch of cleanup and restoration services but of them, SERVPRO is one the best services with 40 years in the business with 4 decades of service, awards, media recognition and economic growth. They understood that serving customers first and genuinely helping them in a time of need would gain the respect of the community and continue to provide a service they could be proud of.
Here we created a list why SERVPRO is recommended for cleanup and restoration service:
- Customer Service. The moment you step into one of their warehouses or offices or talk to them through the phone, you are recognized as family and treated as such. That’s a trademark of SERVPRO.
- Leader in the Restoration Industry. SERVPRO’s staff are exceptionally trained and equipped to handle any damage no matter how large or small. Well, being 40 yrs in the business has made them acquire what is best for their clients.
- 24-Hour Emergency Cleanup Service. They are dedicated to responding immediately any time of the day, whether it’s a commercial or a residential building needs.
- Sense of responsibility. Being fully stressed with all the respiration problems, SERVPRO is there to do the job to lessen the burden. They handle communication with your insurance company to ensure that your home or place of business is returned to its preloss condition.
- Advanced Technology. SERVPRO has adapted to a rapid advancement in technology and techniques used in the restoration industry. These advancements allow the company to restore the property back to the time it was damaged in a quick, reliable and more effective way. They have:
- Advance water extraction equipment
- Infrared camera to identify water location through water removal.
- High speed drying equipment
- Thermal foggers for odor removal and deportation
- OSHA-approved cleaning agents for sanitation, germicides and anti-microbial treatments.
- Restoration recovery team. Whether it’s a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood, the team can help you. SERVPRO has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you.
Customer satisfaction is so important to SERVPRO and that is why they got a lot of positive feedback and testimonials. Most of the clients are talking about how pleasant the job was done, fast emergency response, friendly crew, and so much more. You can check us out and get the best experience you will have in terms of restoration services. We also share some tips on everything related to water, fire or mold damage in our blogs. For more information, don’t hesitate to call us at (407) 323-2422.
7 Tips for Getting Rid of Smoke Smell at Home
Smoke odor can be very tricky to remove!
The weather in Sanford, Florida is changing throughout the year. The summer is long, hot, oppressive, wet, and mostly cloudy while the winters are short, cool, and partly cloudy. With this type of climate, accidents may happen like fire. Just recently, a fire destroyed a Seminole residence while the family was not at home. In cases like this, you will need fire damage restoration services after the accident.
In addition, you might have a housemate who smokes tobacco and cigarettes and the odors from smoke can give you unwanted feelings like if it got stuck into your hour house, it might give you a nauseous feeling or headaches as well as an overall sense of annoyance at the constant smoke irritation or even triggers asthma. The smoke infiltrates the home and the lingering order persists because of the tiny microscopic particles that cling to walls, furniture, floorings, clothing, and so on inside your house.
Removing the smell of smoke can be a difficult job involving time, money, and effort. To remove the smell permanently, we must know the source of the smell. Burning scented candles and perfume aerosols can take away the odor temporarily. Though ventilation can help remove the smell, it just dilutes the odor and does not remove the smell permanently. And so we are giving these 7 tips for getting rid of smoke smell at home:
- Since smoke lingers in all exterior surfaces like walls, washing, disinfecting, and scrubbing with mild soap or other cleaning solutions and products in these areas might help. Exterior surfaces include tables, windows, screens, etc.
- Laundry or dry clean all clothing at least once a week.
- Have your air conditioning units and all ductwork professionally cleaned by a fire & smoke restoration technician to remove soot, ash, and smoke residue. Change filters before it’s too late.
- Displaying plants inside your house can be a great help too. They will absorb the carbon dioxide inside the house including unwanted smells. To name a few plants that kill smells are aloe vera, pathos, and snake plants.
- Increase air circulation. You can open all your windows from time to time to let the airflow around the house.
- Used coffee grounds can be a great deodorizer. Yes, you heard it right, used coffee grounds can be a good odor absorbent as they contain nitrogen which helps neutralize odors in the air quickly and safely.
- Ask for help from experts. There are fire damage restoration services who have fire & smoke restoration technicians who know how to get rid of smoke smell. If you are a busy person, it is advantageous to leverage their services.
At SERVPRO - North Seminole County, our job is to restore your home or place of business to pristine condition after the damage has taken place. We are committed to walk you through the process from beginning to end. Our goal is to provide you with a level of customer service that goes unmatched that is why we are also a 224-hour emergency service. Call Us Today at (407) 323-2422.
How to Prepare your Home for Storm Season 2021
Preparing your home for Storm Season can save your home from serious damage!
Storm season in Florida runs from June 1 until November 30 and the threat of hurricanes is very real for Florida during the six-month long Atlantic hurricane season. The peak of hurricane season is between August and late October where the waters in the Atlantic and Gulf Mexico have warmed enough to help support the development of tropical waves. It has been a common misconception that Florida does not get hurricanes but since the 1800s, Florida has found itself in the path of intense storms.
Asking help from storm damage cleanup services is also helpful but we will get through it in a bit.
We cannot tamper a hurricane’s route but are in the storm season. The best thing we can do is to prepare. Here are some tips to prepare before the storm comes:
- Get access to information from multiple weather alert systems. Information is most important in many ways. Getting prepared for something to happen needs information gathering so we know where and how to start. Subscribing to your local alert systems as well as the National Weather Service alerts can be beneficial. In addition, activating the Emergency Alert System (EAS) and NOAA Weather Radios will keep you updated on what’s ahead.
- Get familiar with the evacuation shelters and practice going there. FEMA shelters are the best to go where there are no remaining options. You can check it online to know the direction so that when the disaster comes, all you have to do is to pack up your stuff and go straight ahead to the centers.
- Get ready with your supplies. Now here’s a tip, set aside an emergency bag full of emergency supplies, canned goods, medkits, flashlights, etc just like what we see in some movies with zombies and cloth face coverings for safety against COVID-19. To add, secure also important documents in a waterproof bag and put them in a safety drawer.
- Double-check your appliances at home. The important things during an emergency situation might just be around the corner. Checking your electrical wiring, radio, batteries from time to time is important. If you see stuff that has been destroyed by the past storms, you can consult with storm damage cleanup services and avail of storm damage restoration.
- Install storm shutters. Protect your house windows and doors with appropriate shutters and impact-resistant glass. You can nail pieces of plywood to window frames as last-minute protection. If you want to be so sure, you can ask for help from storm damage restoration people.
Getting prepared means protecting yourself and your family and the best time to start preparing is now.
At SERVPRO - North Seminole County, our job is to restore your home or place of business to pristine condition after the damage has taken place. We are committed to walk through the process, with you, from beginning to end. Our goal is to provide you with a level of customer service that goes unmatched that is why we are also a 224-hour emergency service. Call Us Today at (407) 323-2422.
5 Methods in Water Restoration Process
In normal situations, the kitchen and bathroom are significant sources of moisture and airborne particles.
Before, when a property was water-damaged, it would be considered useless. But with today’s technology and modern-day solutions, such houses can be livable once again. Water damage restoration services are usually a daunting and risky task especially when an individual or unprofessional expert handles it. This is even more true in cases where water interferes with the electronic wiring system. An ordinary person who is unaware of such possibilities who tries to control the restoration will be prone to electric shock.
To get to know it better, there are some of the methods used by water restoration technicians in their job:
- Removal of the Floodwater
To start water restoration, the stagnant water must be rid of. The longer the water stays there the more expensive the damage will be. Water damage restoration services use a submersible pump to remove water accumulations in various structures around the premises. These are highly efficient pumps and make drying entire sections easier.
After removing the stagnant water, it is important to get an idea of the water damage extent, to develop efficient steps to solve possible mold growth. Water restoration technicians nowadays use much more advanced infrared and digital imaging to determine the damage without damaging the floors and walls.
- Inspection and Removing of Molds
The next step is house treatment against molds and mildews. Residual stagnant water in any property, residential or business creates an ideal habitat for fungal forms to thrive. In addition, the countermeasures will be very useful to avert any further damages. Water restoration technicians use special fungicide detergents to sterilize the area and make the surroundings unfavorable for mold growth. Deodorization and ventilation measures can help remove airborne contaminants, mold spores, and unpleasant odors.
Air movers dry the premises by controlling humidity and improving air circulation. The liquid is removed from porous materials like carpets and woods. Dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air and help remove the remaining water from the house. Desiccant humidifiers use raw materials that naturally absorb moisture from the environment while refrigerant dehumidifiers cool the air to reduce its ability to retain water.
In normal situations, the kitchen and bathroom are significant sources of moisture and airborne particles. These areas are usually wet and expected to be severely damaged in floods due to many plumbing fixtures and drains that these rooms cannot do without.
Going through restoration takes a lot of money and time but definitely will give you magnificent results. The smartest move when having water restoration is to go with the experts. SERVPRO is the cleaning and restoration brand you know and trust is here to make sure we can offer it to our Seminole County community in an honest, reliable way. We can provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding immediately to commercial or residential needs.
In the event that your home or place of business is affected by water damage, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422.
How To Prevent Dryer Fires
Dryer fires can cause serious damage.
Did you know that according to the U.S Fire administration 2,900 home dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss? The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is a failure to clean them which causes lint to accumulate and cause a fire. Home fires happen more often during the fall and winter season. Here are some ways to avoid fires within your home:
- Clean the lint screen/filter before or after drying each load of clothes.
- Clean the dryer vent at least once a month to avoid lint accumulation.
- Use metal dryer ducts to help prevent dryer fires.
- No matter the kind of duct is installed in your dryer, make sure to regularly clean it.
- Occasionally wipe the sensor with a rag or cotton ball.
Common Causes Of House Fires
Take precautionary measures now to protect your home from fires.
Fire damage may result in ways you least expect. Take precautionary measures now to protect your home from the following fire instigators.
- Cooking equipment: Cooking equipment is the number one cause of house fires. Pots and pans can quickly overheat when left unattended or mishandled. Be sure to always turn your handles towards the middle of the stove to avoid children from accidentally grabbing it. When leaving the house, always remember to turn off stove and oven.
- Smoking in Bedrooms: Avoid smoking in bedrooms. A cigarette butt can stay lit for hours and cause a flame after coming into contact with clothes or furniture. Open flames such as candles can also pose a danger for many residents.
- Old electrical equipment: Older lampshades and light fittings may build up heat, and weak bases could pose a tipping hazard. Electrical equipment such as these should be checked for faulty cords, and the power point must not be overloaded with double adapter plugs.
- Flammable liquids: Liquids such as petrol, kerosene, or methylated spirits should be kept away from heat sources and stored properly according to their label.
We Can Board Up And Tarp Your Home
After a residential fire, an emergency board up or tarping is an important step in protecting your home and assisting with your insurance claim.
After a residential fire, an emergency board up or tarping is an important step in protecting your home and assisting with your insurance claim. Because of the nature of the job, we recommend seeking the help of our professionals to assist in the process. We will do a better job shielding your home from secondary damage, securing the correct locations, and using the proper materials. By knowing how to a navigate around cracked windows and doors, our trained workers can detect areas that appear undamaged to the naked eye but may present leakage and stability issues.
There are several reasons to perform a board up or tarp over.
- Helps your insurance claim: It is not uncommon for these services to be required by your insurance following a disaster. By not taking the appropriate actions on your end, insurance companies may find a reason to deny a claim.
- Prevents further damage: Openings in the wall or roof provides access to harmful elements such as wind, water, and debris. Human or animal invaders could cause even more damage, adding to your existing issues and increasing your repair bill.
- Reduces additional property loss and liability: Thieves may remove essential belongings or cause unnecessary destruction, and their injuries could become your liability.
Structures pose a strong hazard both during and after a fire. It is not recommended to re-enter your home until it has been deemed safe by the fire department or proper authority. Dangerous elements might be present including electrical hazards and harmful airborne particles.