Here in Florida, we see our fair share of storms. These storms can lead to water damage, structural damage, and could lead to mold damage as well. Here is a compiled list of things you can do to protect your home from potential storms.
- Secure any outdoor items such as lawn furniture, potted plants, grills etc. to avoid such items becoming projectiles.
- Garage doors can be a weak point in your home, keep garage door braces on hand in the event of severe weather.
- Keep plywood on hand to board up windows, especially in the event of hail or strong winds.
- Remove any dead wood from surrounding trees.
In the event that damage occurs to your home or place of business due to a major storm...SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422
Warning Signs of Mold in Your Home
Mold in the home can be dangerous, not only to your health but also the structure of your home. Luckily, there are many warning signs of mold that lets homeowners know it is there. However it isn't always easy to spot! Here are some of the warning signs that you may have mold:
- Visible mold growth may not always be the first sign, but if you do see any mold within your home call SERVPRO.
- Water stains on ceilings, floors, or walls are another indicator you may have mold. Long term moisture will inevitably lead to mold growth.
- If your home has flooded in the past, there is a likely chance that you may have some form of mold growth as a result.
- Although not all molds will produce a smell, many produce a musty odor.
If you suspect mold growth in your home or place of business...SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call SERVPRO of North Seminole County today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Recovering from a House Fire
Fires are extremely overwhelming, your home and the personal things you’ve had in them seem to be destroyed, all those irreplaceable heirlooms are gone. On top of that, you’ve got to deal with the cleaning and reconstruction of your house, and how are you going to get rid of that awful soot smell?
That’s where we here at SERVPRO of North Seminole County come in! We are experts in restoring, not replacing. So you don’t need to worry about any of it, we take it from the moment your fire is put out. We will pack up and move all of those important heirlooms and pictures and clean them all so they are back to preloss conditions. You don’t even have to worry about buying an all new wardrobe. We have an Esporta machine - which can handle up to eight loads of laundry at a time and with special blends of laundry detergents, we can get the smoke smell out of almost anything.
So, for all your fire restoration needs give us a call today at 407-323-2422!
Believe it or not, cooking is a leading cause of fires within the United States. It’s important to remember safety when cooking in our homes. Don’t leave stove tops or ovens unattended and if you do have to leave the room to host guests or for another reason, be sure to take an oven mitt with you to remind you that something is cooking on the stove or in the oven.
If you happen to have a grease fire in your home, do not pour water on it! It seems like it’s elementary, but when you’re panicked with a fire in your kitchen sometimes you can do silly things. Instead cover the fire with a cookie sheet to suffocate it. If it’s a small fire you can also use salt to put it out as well. Make sure to always have a fire extinguisher on hand just in case a fire breaks out in your kitchen.
For all your fire cleaning needs call SERVPRO of North Seminole County at 407-323-2422!
Large or Small...SERVPRO is Ready!
When it comes to water, fire or mold damage we can handle any job, large or small. When your home or commercial property gets hit with an unexpected broken pipe, do you know just exactly who to call? Maybe that undetected roof leak has caused a mold issue or you've had a small electrical fire. No matter the size or type of loss, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is ready to respond.
We have the assets, equipment and certified employees to immediately begin mitigating your loss. For 40 years we have been doing just that. So when disaster strikes, call the #1 Cleaning and Restoration company in the Country.
Here in your community. Here to help.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County
SERVPRO of North Seminole County wants to help you celebrate safely with your family, so here are a few firework safety tips we think you should be aware of:
- Always follow CDC guidelines, keeping 6 feet apart, and wearing a mask when in group settings.
- It is important that you know about and abide by the local firework laws set in your area. (This can help avoid putting a damper on your holiday with a ticket or violation fee.)
- Adults should ALWAYS assist their kids when setting off fireworks.
- Set off your fireworks in an open area. (Keep away from trees, homes, people, buildings, etc.)
- Have a source of water nearby, and always keep away from dry grass when setting off fireworks to avoid fires.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing, and we aware of wind patterns.
- Finally, clean up when you’re done! (Please don't litter.)
Happy 4th of July from all of us at SERVPRO of North Seminole County!
Remember, if you experience a holiday mishap, SERVPRO is always Here To Help! Click here to learn more about Fire Damage Restoration.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County: 407-323-2422
Preventing a Fire
Fires can occur in your home or place of business no matter how many safety measures you take. However, by following a few simple safety tips, you may greatly reduce the risk.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County is committed to helping you and your home or business prevent fire damage. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Regularly check your smoke alarms to ensure safety in the event of a fire.
- Make sure to regularly have your home heating system evaluated by a professional.
- Avoid using outlet extenders when at all possible. They increase the chance of overloading an electrical circuit.
- Remove lint from the dyer after one to two loads of laundry. A clogged filter can force lint into the heated coils of the dyer.
- Make sure to properly extinguish smoking materials. In other words, don't walk away from the candle you just blew out until you are sure that the fire is completely out.
- Safely store flammable items away from all sources of heat.
- Lastly, always have a fire extinguisher in your home.
While we hope this is never the case, in the event of fire damage to your home or business, SERVPRO of North Seminole County is here for you. Give us a call at 407-323-2422.
For Immediate Service call SERVPRO of North Seminole County
SERVPRO of North Seminole County provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. For 37 years we have been responding immediately to any emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 407-323-2422
Whether your Seminole County home needs emergency flood damage or your carpetscleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for Fire/Water/Mold damage to strike your Seminole County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation/Restoration
Getting Back To Business
As we begin to go back to work many will be returning to buildings/facilities that have been closed for weeks or months. This creates the potential for unidentifiable odors from ambient humidity, lack of temperature control or undetected leaks.
At SERVPRO of North Seminole County we are experts in identifying and eliminating odor(s). However, eliminating the odor is only part of the solution. If the cause of the odor isn't identified and remedied, you are simply putting "a band-aid on a broken leg".
Should you have an odor issue upon your return to work let SERVPRO of North Seminole County investigate it for you. We will do so at no cost and provide you with a report of our findings and an estimate for remediating the source and eliminating the odor, if necessary.
SERVPRO of North Seminole County
"Here to Help"